It is quite unlikely that you have never heard mention of SAP ERP, Odoo, or Microsoft Dynamics 365. These are ERP systems, Enterprise Resource Planning, that is, systems used by organizations to plan their resources and manage daily operations efficiently . We have talked about them in artico ERP systems: why implement them? , today we focus instead on ERP consultants.
With ERP software, all company resources can be managed efficiently, whether human resources, production or procurement. However, because ERP can span any department, its implementation is often complex. That is why ERP consultants come into play. In this article, we will look in detail at what to expect from this professional figure and why to rely on it.
What to expect from ERP consultants?
ERP consultants specialize in managing the transition from old, usually uneven, business management systems to a new cohesive and consistent solution. The ERP consultant Analyze your business needs and evaluate which ERP solution is the best fit. So implements it, customizes it, tests it and empowers your employees to understand and use it to the fullest.
What are the responsibilities of ERP consultants?
- Analyze and understand the current business situation and management needs
- Offer specialized advice in selecting the most suitable ERP software
- Assist the technical team with change management and provide the necessary technical skills
- Document the status of the ERP configuration
- Redesigning business processes by appropriately adapting ERP software
- Helping customers successfully implement and launch their new ERP solution
ERP software implementation is an activity that is considered high risk. This is why DIY is strongly discouraged. A good consultant, with strong analytical skills, excellent listening skills, and IT and management training, is able to mitigate risks by following a proven methodology.
What are the steps involved in implementing ERP software?
- Goal identification phase: the benefits of ERP software are numerous. In this first phase, the ERP consultant helps you understand what goals the ERP will help you achieve by analyzing your KPIs.
- ERP software selection phase: not all ERP solutions bring the same benefits or are suitable for your reality. The consultant takes into account your needs, industry and future expectations. For example, it will help you choose between an on-premise system or a cloud solution.
- Configuration phase: in the fourth phase, the infrastructure is installed and the system is optimized to reflect business needs. This phase varies in duration and should not be underestimated.
- Testing phase: the testing phase ensures that the software works properly. This is a crucial phase, as it verifies the quality and smoothness of system performance.
- Data migration phase: critical phase as, if done properly, it helps streamline operations. Before migrating data to the new ERP, all unhelpful or incorrect elements must be removed to achieve integral and efficient data.
- Training phase: in this phase, the ERP consultant is responsible for training employees so that they can understand the system and embrace the change that has occurred in processes.
- Go-Live phase: it’s on! In the go-live phase, coordination between activities and resources is checked and whether business operations are effectively streamlined. A retest is also carried out to ensure excellent operation.
Rely on the advice of F1 Consulting & Services
F1 Consulting & Services has extensive experience with ERP implementations. Trust our team to define a software solution aligned with your organization’s processes, business structure and organizational capabilities. Contact us for an appointment.