ERP, or Enterprise Resource Planning, is the centralized system that manages all aspects of a company, aligning financial management, human resources, production, and distribution with accounting . ERP systems are a valuable resource for the company because they provide transparency and clarity. ERP systems can rationalize thousands of data and turn them into information, reducing response time and increasing a company’s competitiveness.
ERP systems provide cohesion; it is an integrated solution across all departments of the company that can integrate with CRM and PSA software.
What are the most popular ERP systems?
Let us look together at which ERP systems are most popular and the characteristics of each. On why we recommend that you implement an ERP system in your company, we answered in this article: ERP systems: why implement them?
SAP ERP is a business management platform that can have all the functionality of supply chain management, product lifecycle, human resources, financial management and customer relations. It can be deployed as a SaaS service, on-premise or as a hybrid model. It is a highly customizable solution based on specific business needs.
SAP is one of the most popular ERP systems, selected by 172,000 companies worldwide. With SAP ERP, you can have access to vital analytical tools and data that can streamline processes and increase competitiveness. In addition to this, full remote support from the provider is available.
Why choose SAP ERP:
- It is able to cover all procurement processes, from requisitioning to invoicing to payments. It is also able to coordinate inventory levels among different storage locations and consolidate shipping needs .
- SAP ERP also serves as a financial management tool. With this system, financial reporting will always be accurate and timely.
- You can directly link production schedules to the procurement and ordering process to better understand the production process and increase efficiency.
Oracle JD Edwards
Oracle JD Edwards Distribution is a cloud-based distribution module created to support companies in streamlining production operations. Oracle JD is a reliable and flexible solution useful for both SMEs and multinationals. The platform is scalable and operates on different hardware, virtual servers (Oracle VM and VMware), operating systems (AIX, Linux, IBM I50S and Microsoft Windows) and databases (SQL, Oracle and DB / 2).
Oracle JD Edwards Distribution enables manufacturing and distribution companies to reduce costs, optimize operations and increase their competitiveness in the global market. Some of its key features include asset lifecycle management, project management, order management, financial management, business intelligence, procurement, reporting, and order management.
Why choose Oracle JD Edwards:
- It can offer real-time operational reports. It simplifies information and allows the user to easily transform data into graphs, lists, and tables.
- JD integrates with IoT to increase competitiveness and make a customer experience-based business model its own.
- JD is Web-based software, specifically the Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne architecture, offering: reporting tools, database systems, development tools, mobility platforms, integration software, security and access management.
Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a set of intelligent CRM and ERP applications designed to simplify data sharing and business processes across the entire organization.
As a CRM platform, Dynamics 365 offers AI and ML-based apps that enable sales and marketing to make accurate decisions, and take targeted actions to solve critical business-related issues.
Why choose Microsoft Dynamics:
- MD includes powerful features that can optimize lead tracking.
- The additional solutions offered by Microsoft are countless. For example, Dynamics 365 Marketing and Dynamics 365 Customer Insights are additional solutions designed for marketers interested in improving the customer experience. But there are also financial and operational apps and apps that support e-commerce and retail.
- MD integrates with various Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, SharePoint, Word, and Lync. You can use it on iOS, Android and Windows Phone, even offline (data automatically synchronizes once the connection is re-established).
Odoo is an open source ERP and CRM, leveraging the talents of thousands of developers and experts to create applications within the Odoo environment. This is not the classic ERP: Odoo consists of a pool of thousands of applications that meet all business needs. Each company can wisely select the necessary apps while maintaining a streamlined and focused environment. Odoo is Open Source, and through publishing its framework, developers can create these applications themselves and distribute them to the entire community. These apps are native in the Odoo ecosystem, as they are developed within the framework, and can easily communicate with each other even if developed by different entities.
Why choose Odoo:
- Because there is an app for any need, such as creating Web sites and e-commerce,implementing livechat platforms, programs for managing finances, developing marketing campaigns and more.
- In the Odoo environment, each piece of software works seamlessly with the rest of the apps. Features can be added as the company grows, with no difficulty in implementation.
- Odoo’s pricing is unbeatable: you only pay for the apps you use, and you can add additional apps once the need is found. Odoo is also free if you decide to do an on premises installation.
Need more information about ERP Systems?
Choose advice from the ERP experts at F1 Consulting & Services. We will help you juggle the choice of different software solutions and make sure we fully support you in decision-making and training your employees: CONTACT US!